Cirm’ s offer for all programmes:
- Your turnkey event: the organization is taken care of by Cirm (website, registration, etc.)
- Several work and conference rooms, with a complete audiovisual ecosystem (possibility of recording presentations, live broadcasting (other rooms for large events, YouTube Lives, etc.), videoconferencing for hybrid events, etc.
- All-inclusive stay for participants outside Aix-Marseille: single rooms, studios for long stays, full board, Bouillabaisse on Thursday evening, coffee/tea breaks, etc.
- 24/7 access to Cirm library. Self-service periodicals and newspapers
- Strict application of the sanitary rules in place.
The « loyalty programme » of CIRM
AIM: TO GIVE RESEARCH THE TIME IT NEEDS
A number of scientific projects need time to mature and achieve their objectives. The aim of this type of project is to offer an opportunity to share progress on a common project and to set key milestones by scheduling one week per year or every 2 years at Cirm, or more, depending on the objectives of the project leaders.
These programs will be programmed over 3 or 4 years or more, with one week’s meeting per year or every 2 years at Cirm, or more, depending on the objectives of the sponsors.
After evaluation by Cirm’s international scientific committee the selected projects will be offered the signature of a multi-year agreement. One year before the first week of meetings, a hearing will be held before the scientific council to clarify the project.
Two types of programmes are available:
Multi-year programme 1: « Mathematics »
The main objective of this programme is to undertake research in all ambitious areas of mathematics and IT, whether they fall into pure research or applied research. The team of investigators will gather mathematicians and/or computer scientists.
Multi-year programme 2: « Mathematics in Interaction »
The main objective of this programme, aimed at cross-disciplinary projects, is to develop mathematical tools in cooperation with other sciences (physics, medicine, biology, economics etc.) in order to meet current and future societal challenges. The proposal must have an equal number of maths specialists and experts in other disciplines.
These projects will need to be supported by external funds outside CIRM that can include ERC Grants, ANR grants, NSF funding etc.)
The cost of a week of full board at Cirm for one participant is approximately 550 euros.
The organizers will benefit from Cirm and its team, its communication means, its hotel infrastructure and its entire management to plan their events with serenity.
ORGANIZE A MULTI-YEAR PROGRAMME
5 days – 50 to 90 participants
The Cirm Scientific Committee examines all applications. The selected conferences are judged on their scientific value and must be at the leading edge of recent developments. Interdisciplinarity is also important as well as international influence: conferences must be influential in their field and attract participants from all over the world. The Cirm scientific Committee will also pay close attention to a gender balance, both in the organizing and scientific committees, and in the number of participants and speakers.
DEADLINE : 31 March 2023
The evaluation of the applications is made by the Scientific Committee which includes 20 members (in parity): 10 from French institutions and 10 from foreign institutions. For this reason, information is requested mainly in English. You will be guided through the online submission process and will be asked to submit a pdf file for some sections, or fill in other sections directly online.
The proposal can be submitted in several steps. You can exit the application and return later up until the deadline. Be sure to save regularly.
Do not hesitate to contact the Events Coordinator with any questions or problems.
The same form can be filled out by multiple organizers.
A technical problem? Contact the IT department
- January 2023: opening of the online tender
- 31/03/2023: deadline for submitting applications online
- 15/05/2023: evaluation of the proposals by the Cirm International Scientific Committee. The Organizing Committee will have the result in the week following the Scientific Committee meeting. If the meeting is selected, a date will be finalized in the calendar with the Events Coordinator.
- Autumn 2023: the holders of the selected files will receive the necessary information for the organization of their future event, as well as a calendar of actions.
- A bilingual mini website is developed by CIRM for the event, based on the information entered in the proposal. Once the website is online, interested participants will be able to start pre-registering for the event.