Cirm invites proposals for mathematical events of different durations, in various CIRM programs, and in any branch of mathematics or mathematical sciences.
- To ensure the best quality in its selection, the Scientific Committee meets twice a year to review proposals for large events (conferences, research schools, thematic months, multi-year programs, CEMRACS and Jean-Morlet Chair semesters). It’s during these meetings that CIRM subsidies are decided upon.
- Deadlines for calls for proposals are normally set at the middle of April and end middle of October of any given year, for events that will take place on average two years later. Oral presentations are also organised for applicants to the ‘Jean-Morlet Chair’, ‘CEMRACS’, ‘Thematic Month’ and ‘Multi-Year Programme’ programmes.
- Proposals received for the ‘Workshops’ and ‘Research in Residence’ programmes (rolling applications) are usually discussed remotely by the Scientific Committee and at various times during the year to ensure a rapid response.
- The Scientific Council also has an important role in assessing and proposing CIRM’s general scientific policy and works to monitor new developments in basic and applied research and in interactions with other fields, with industry and society at large.
Current members of the scientific committee
Françoise DAL’BO, Professor, Université Rennes 1
(member till November 2024)
- Marie-Claude ARNAUD, Professor, Université de Paris (member till November 2023)
- Christine BACHOC, Professor, Université de Bordeaux (member till May 2024)
- Karin BAUR, Professor, University of Graz & University of Leeds (member till May 2024)
- Leila BEN ABDELGHANI, Professor, Université de Monastir (member till November 2024)
- Cinzia CASAGRANDE, Associate Professor, University of Turin (member till May 2024)
- Karine CHEMLA, CNRS Senior Research Scientist, Université de Paris (member till November 2023)
- Giulia DI NUNNO, Professor, University of Oslo (member till November 2027)
- Sourour ELLOUMI, Professor, ENSTA ParisTech (member till May 2026)
- Mouhamed Moustapha FALL, Professor, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) (member till May 2025)
- Valentin FERENCZI, Professor, University of São Paulo (member till May 2027)
- Martin GANDER,Professorr, Université de Genève (member till November 2026)
- Thierry GOUDON, INRIA Senior Research Scientist, Sophia Antipolis (member till November 2022)
- Frédéric HERAU, Professor, Université de Nantes (member till May 2027)
- Alain JOYE, Professor, Université Grenoble Alpes (member till May 2027)
- Jason P. MILLER, Professor, University of Cambridge (member till November 2027)
- Sonia NATALE, Professor, National University of Cordoba (member till November 2023)
- Hugo PARLIER, Professor, University of Luxembourg (membre jusqu’à mai 2027)
- Vincent RIVOIRARD, Professor, CEREMADE Université Paris Dauphine (member till November 2025)
- Bruno SALVY, INRIA Researcher, ENS Lyon (member till May 2024)
Vote on the Jean-Morlet Chair and CEMRACS summer school applications only
The directors of the following local departments: :
- CPT – Centre for Theoretical Physics (Marseille)
- FRUMAM – Research Federation of Mathematics Departments in Marseille
- I2M – Mathematics Institute of Marseille
- Institut Archimède Mathématiques-Informatique
- LIS UMR 7020 – Department of Informatics and Systems
Pascal HUBERT, Professor, Cirm’s Director
Invited participants (permanent) from CIRM
The Event Coordinator
The Jean-Morlet Chair & International Coordinator