CIRM’s local, national and international missions: :
- to share the latest discoveries in mathematical sciences
- to progress on core questions in this discipline
- to prepare ambitious projects in collaboration with other sciences
- to ensure transfer of knowledge towards young researchers and doctoral students.
CIRM’s core activitity: organizing events of various types
- Conferences & Research Schools
Lasting 5 days in great majority with an average of 60 to 90 participants. The calendar for these events is planned two years in advance.
Lasting from 2 to 5 days and more specialized than the conferences / schools, the Workshops welcome between 5 and 50participants. This format is particularly well suited to the activities of Research Groups or ANR (Agence Nationale de la Recherche) actions.
Two or three researchers meet for two weeks at CIRM to finalize an article, a book chapter or to launch a new collaboration.
- Thematics sessions
They specialize on particular topics and last several weeks or months. These longer sessions include the CEMRACS, the Thematic Month and the Jean Morlet Chair semesters.
CIRM is a Unité d’Appui à la Recherche (UAR) headed by a director, the only permanent scientist on site.
CIRM is governed by an administrative council.
To implement its scientific policy, CIRM relies on an international scientific committee.