- These special weeks are aimed firstly at groups of professionals working with mathematicians on a day-to-day basis. They include for example the CNRS Groupement de Services (GDS) – Réseau National des Bibliothèques de Mathématiques RNBM (Maths Libraries), Réseau d’informaticiens MATHRICE (IT services), Réseau national AUDIMATH (Outreach and Dissemination of Mathematics).
- They can also include events gathering groups of teachers working in the French Classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles.
- Proposals are studied by the international Scientific Committee.
- CIRM is open to other groups wishing to host this type of events, whether they come from France or from abroad. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact the Event Coordinator.
- Partial subsidy by CIRM (exact amount to be negotiated with the Event and Budget Offices). Additional external funding must be found. The cost of a week at CIRM is around 540 euros per participant.
A bit more information
- Normal duration: 5 days
- Normal start: mid-morning on Day 1 and finish after lunch or before 6pm on Day 5.
- Access to an auditorium (90 seats) or to a conference room (one-level room) for 90 people.
- ‘Clevertouch‘ touch screen in the new conference room.
- Access to other rooms in the centre for group work, if the centre is not full that week.
- Access to the library 24/7. Free access to many journals. Access to printing, scan, photocopying.
- Board and lodging possible for non local participants from the Sunday night before the event till the Friday morning – with the possibility to extend until Saturday morning (additional costs normally paid by the participants).
- Restaurant also open to local participants and non-residential participants.
- Gala Dinner usually on Thursdays (« bouillabaisse » local fish delicacy – with a supplement)
- The detailed schedule of talks should be entered in the Organizers Intranet several weeks ahead of the event to maximize information to the participants and to support internal organisation.
- Video filming by a professional team (5 videos filmed per week on average for supported events, 1 post-edited and enriched with meta-data). Additional filming possible on request, if planned in advance. Ask for a quote.
- Free wifi (cirm and eduroam)
- Two free tea/coffee breaks per day. Free tea at all times. Possibility to add biscuits / Danish pastries / fruit. Ask for a quote. Lounge bar in the evening after dinner (alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks).
- Most events plan an afternoon off – usually Wednesdays – to enjoy the wonderful environment of the calanques and Marseille. Picnic meals can be supplied by the restaurant.
- Various large and medium- or small-sized events are hosted each week at CIRM therefore accommodation is distributed between all events. You may have to share the centre with other groups.
- CIRM extended its academic and hotel / restaurant facilities in 2019 and encourages organizers to not limit their group but look for additional financial support and suggest self-subsidy to those participants who have their own funding.
- CIRM communicates widely on its programmes. Organizing teams are also encouraged to advertise their event early by making full use of the bilingual website prepared for them, which contains a description, programme, abstracts, link to intranet, list of participants, speakers, committees, scientific pre-registrations, information on visa letters, practical information, a poster (if supplied), link to the videos, etc.
- prices at CIRM
If you would like to find out what happened in previous years, just click on the button below.
GUIDELINES FOR PLACING A PROPOSAL
DEADLINE : 31 March 2021
NB: Evaluation of the proposals is carried out by the international Scientific Committee at CIRM, which has 20 members (10 men / 10 women) half of them from foreign-based institutions
Unless specified otherwise, please note that all sections should be completed in English
- Some sections need to be completed online.
- Other sections will ask you to upload one pdf file per type of information
- You do not have to fill in the application in one go but please remember to save on a regular basis.
- You can save, leave the application and then come back later, until the deadline.
- You can contact the Event Coordinator if you have a query or a problem with the application.
- The same application can be filled in by several organizers.
This is what we will ask you for:
- MSC codes relevant to your event.
- Detailed description stating the scientific goals, purpose and value of the event – 2 to 3 A4-pages (pdf file).
- Title and descriptive summary in English (this will serve to prepare the bilingual website provided by CIRM for your event, and will also be used on various advertising documents and calendars) – about 20 lines (pdf file).
- Title and descriptive summary in French (this will serve to prepare the bilingual website provided by CIRM for your event, and will also be used on various advertising documents and calendars) – about 20 lines (pdf file).
- Organizing Committee: fill in the full names and institutions of the organizers. Make sure to have contacted these people. Reminder: at least one should come from a foreign institution and no team should include one gender only.
- Scientific Committee: fill in the list of experts (full names and institutions) who can vouch for the quality of your proposal. Make sure to have contacted these people.
Reminder: at least one should come from a foreign institution and no team should include one gender only
- Preliminary list of potential and confirmed speakers (pdf file). CIRM expects organizers to actively open the event to a variety of speakers, regardless of race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, pregnancy, immigration status, or any other aspect of identity.
- Preliminary list of potential and confirmed participants (pdf file). CIRM expects organizers to actively open the event to a variety of participants, regardless of race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, pregnancy, immigration status, or any other aspect of identity.
- Optional list of books to be gathered and displayed by the library at CIRM during your event (pdf file).
- Optional list of books to be gathered and displayed at the SMF counter during the week of your event (pdf file).
- Any additional information which may be relevant to your application (pdf file).
- Dates: if the calendar is activated, enter the dates you would prefer online (NB: this may have already been completed if the dates are set).
- Preliminary detailed Budget Table to be filled in online.
The cost of one week at CIRM is around 540 euros per participant.
Click on the board below to place your ONLINE PROPOSAL
- January 2021 : the call for proposals is open
- 31 March 2021: deadline for online submission
- 17 May 2021 : evaluation by CIRM’s International Scientific Committee. Organizers will know the result in the week following the meeting. If the event is selected, a date will be finalized in the 2023 calendar at this stage with the Event Coordinator.
- Summer-fall 2021: the organizing team will receive useful information to plan their event, as well as a roadmap.
- Summer-fall 2021 : a bilingual mini website will be developed by CIRM for the event, based on the information entered in the proposal. Once the website is online, interested participants will be able to start pre-registering for the event.