Cirm’ s offer for all programmes:
- Your turnkey event: the organization is taken care of by Cirm (website, registration, etc.)
- Several work and conference rooms, with a complete audiovisual ecosystem (possibility of recording presentations, live broadcasting (other rooms for large events, YouTube Lives, etc.), videoconferencing for hybrid events, etc.
- All-inclusive stay for participants outside Aix-Marseille: single rooms, studios for long stays, full board, Bouillabaisse on Thursday evening, coffee/tea breaks, etc.
- 24/7 access to Cirm library. Self-service periodicals and newspapers
- Strict application of the sanitary rules in place.
CEMRACS runs as a summer-long session in « Advanced research in scientific calculation ». Created in 1996 by Yvon Maday and Frédéric Coquel, it plays a vital part in knowledge transfer between academic and industrial mathematics.
New CEMRACS groups meet every summer at CIRM during six weeks and focus on a different theme linked to scientific calculation. The format of this summer school is usually the following:
– a first week dedicated to lectures to find out about the state-of-the-art in that particular topic and to learn about its latest developments.
– five weeks focusing in small groups on projects that can be academically or industrially based.
Industry provides some specific modeling or numerical simulation problems and small groups of young researchers try to find a suitable answer, with the help of established researchers in the field.
Coupling a mathematical approach to tackle these problems with a non mathematical approach often leads to interesting advances that businesses can exploit later on. Among the companies that have sponsored some of the projects, we can name L’Oréal, ANDRA, CEA, the Institut Français du Pétrole, Bosch, etc.
CEMRACS is pre-organized and evaluated firstly by the French Applied and Industrial Mathematical Society (SMAI) before being presented to the international Scientific Committee at CIRM. As for all long programmes at CIRM (e.g. the Jean-Morlet Chair and the Thematic Month), we ask the organizers of future CEMRACS session to present their proposal in person or via video conferencing. Note that the presentation should be prepared in English as half the members of our committee come from abroad.
+33 (0)4 91 83 30 03
DEADLINE : 17 April 2024
The evaluation of the applications is made by the Scientific Committee which includes 20 members (in parity): 10 from French institutions and 10 from foreign institutions. For this reason, information is requested mainly in English. You will be guided through the online submission process and will be asked to submit a pdf file for some sections, or fill in other sections directly online.
The proposal can be submitted in several steps. You can exit the application and return later up until the deadline. Be sure to save regularly.
Do not hesitate to contact the Events Coordinator with any questions or problems.
The same form can be filled out by multiple organizers.
A technical problem? Contact the IT department
- 10 January 2024: opening of the online tender
- 17/04/2024: deadline for submitting applications online
- 21/05/2024: evaluation of the proposals by the Cirm International Scientific Committee. The Organizing Committee will have the result in the week following the Scientific Committee meeting. If the meeting is selected, a date will be finalized in the calendar with the Events Coordinator.
- Summer / Autumn 2024: the holders of the selected files will receive the necessary information for the organization of their future event, as well as a calendar of actions.
- A bilingual mini website is developed by CIRM for the event, based on the information entered in the proposal. Once the website is online, interested participants will be able to start pre-registering for the event.