- Your turnkey event: the organization is taken care of by Cirm (website, registration, etc.)
- Several work and conference rooms, with a complete audiovisual ecosystem (possibility of recording presentations, live broadcasting (other rooms for large events, YouTube Lives, etc.), videoconferencing for hybrid events, etc.
- All-inclusive stay for participants outside Aix-Marseille: single rooms, studios for long stays, full board, Bouillabaisse on Thursday evening, coffee/tea breaks, etc.
- 24/7 access to Cirm library. Self-service periodicals and newspapers
- Strict application of the sanitary rules in place.
Research in Residence brings together small groups of participants (2 to 4) to conduct joint research in the stimulating atmosphere of Cirm, working together on a specific project, such as the finalisation of an article or book, the study of a particular problem, the launching or continuation of a collaborative work, etc.
These meetings can bring together up to 4 participants. The stay on site (accommodation and catering) is paid for by Cirm for a maximum of 3 non-local participants.
You can apply at any time of the year. Please note, however, that this type of meeting takes place in parallel with other events (conferences, research schools, workshops, etc.) and that the final dates take into account the availability of accommodation in the centre.
After being submitted online, the application is studied by members of the Cirm’s Scientific Committee and a decision is generally made within 6 weeks. The events coordinator contacts the main organiser with a proposal of dates.
Format of the research in residence
Stays of three weeks are possible, but justification must be given when the application is sent.
Accommodation at Cirm is primarily in studio flats to allow for the preparation of meals at the weekend. However, meals from Sunday evening to Friday lunchtime are included in the offer. For week-long meetings that do not include weekends, it is therefore possible that you will be accommodated in a single room.
Proposals can be sent at any time
The evaluation of the applications is made by the Scientific Committee which includes 20 members (in parity): 10 from French institutions and 10 from foreign institutions. For this reason, information is requested mainly in English. You will be guided through the online submission process and will be asked to submit a pdf file for some sections, or fill in other sections directly online.
The proposal can be submitted in several steps. You can exit the application and return later up until the deadline. Be sure to save regularly.
Do not hesitate to contact the Event Coordinator with any questions or problems.
A technical problem? Contact the IT department
Contact: +33 (0)4 91 83 30 03
Fax: +33 (0)4 91 41 27 86