Cirm’ s offer for all programmes:
- Your turnkey event: the organization is taken care of by Cirm (website, registration, etc.)
- Several work and conference rooms, with a complete audiovisual ecosystem (possibility of recording presentations, live broadcasting (other rooms for large events, YouTube Lives, etc.), videoconferencing for hybrid events, etc.
- All-inclusive stay for participants outside Aix-Marseille: single rooms, studios for long stays, full board, Bouillabaisse on Thursday evening, coffee/tea breaks, etc.
- 24/7 access to Cirm library. Self-service periodicals and newspapers
- Strict application of the sanitary rules in place.
Every winter, a Thematic Month is proposed at CIRM, in collaboration with the departments of Mathematics, Theoretical Physics and Information Technology at Aix-Marseille University. Participating departments include the following:
- CPT (Centre de Physique Théorique)
- I2M (Institut de Mathématiques de Marseille)
- LIS (Laboratoire d’Informatique et Systèmes)
- FRUMAM (Fédération de Recherche des Unités de Mathématiques de Marseille)
This 4 (or 5)-week session mixes conference weeks and research schools and its aim is to focus at length on a particular theme, such as Dynamical Systems, Statistics, Probability, Cryptography, etc. This special focus also serves to enhance the international profile of some of the areas in which Aix-marseille University and FRUMAM are at the leading edge.
The ‘Thematic Month’ starts every year during the first week of February. It is sometimes coupled with the general topic of the Jean-Morlet Chair taking place that particular semester, thus allowing exchanges, co-funding opportunities and a larger international presence. However, this is not compulsory.
Selected applications are granted a subsidy by CIRM in the shape of « CIRM Days » (free board and lodging at the centre for 5 days for up to 40 people – as long as the event reaches at least 60 participants). Note that CIRM may choose to support all weeks in a Thematic Month or only some of them. This depends on the overall budget and must be checked with the Event and Budget Officers. Additional external funding must be found to cover additional participants, who can also support themselves. The cost of a week at CIRM is around 540 euros.
If you would like to find out what happened in previous years, just click on the button below.
L’ORGANISATION DES RENCONTRES
+33 (0)4 91 83 30 03
DEADLINE : 10 October 2022
The evaluation of the applications is made by the Scientific Committee which includes 20 members (in parity): 10 from French institutions and 10 from foreign institutions. For this reason, information is requested mainly in English. You will be guided through the online submission process and will be asked to submit a pdf file for some sections, or fill in other sections directly online.
The proposal can be submitted in several steps. You can exit the application and return later up until the deadline. Be sure to save regularly.
Do not hesitate to contact the Events Coordinator with any questions or problems.
The same form can be filled out by multiple organizers.
A technical problem? Contact the IT department
- July 2022: opening of the online tender
- 10/10/2022: deadline for submitting applications online
- 21/11/2022: evaluation of the proposals by the Cirm International Scientific Committee. The Organizing Committee will have the result in the week following the Scientific Committee meeting. If the meeting is selected, a date will be finalized in the calendar with the Events Coordinator.
- Spring 2023: the holders of the selected files will receive the necessary information for the organization of their future event, as well as a calendar of actions.
- Spring 2023: A bilingual mini website is developed by CIRM for the event, based on the information entered in the proposal. Once the website is online, interested participants will be able to start pre-registering for the event.